Get wet. Have fun. Learn lifesaving skills.
Learn more about water safety and lifesaving skills with the Oasis's Outback Lifesaver program this January!
About the Program
The program seeks to provide:
- Increased aquatic skills and proficiencies in a range of aquatic environments.
- Increased aquatic and community safety knowledge relevant to local surroundings and conditions.
- Increased understanding of local aquatic environments, including pools, rivers, lakes and dams and their associated risks and hazards.
- Great fun and enjoyment – lots of laughter with friends and peers!
- An appreciation for local aquatic environments and the need to respect such environments.
- Health, well-being and social outcomes
- Enhanced understanding and support for local safe communities.
Outback Lifesavers 2024 Wrap Up
Our Outback Lifesavers 2024 program proved to be a massive success, with 21 kids between the ages of 6 and 13 spending an hour each morning for a week during the school holidays learning valuable water safety and lifesaving skills, including having a very fun day on the rescue boards!