Wonder 3 - 36+ - children in water without a parent
The Swim and Survive Program
Wonder 3 - Stage 5 & 6 - (36+ parents out of the water)
- With support, enter the water using a slide in entry and hold onto the pool edge
- With minimal assistance, attempt to climb out independently
- With support, safely jump into the water from a standing position towards the teacher and return to the wall ready to exit.
- Exit the water safely unassisted
- Blow bubbles in water with the face fully submerged.
- Blow bubbles with face fully submerged, take a breath and repeat the sequence.
With encouragement, initiate own submersion for short distance and recover.
With assistance, hold a controlled back float for a period of 5 seconds and recover to a secure position.
With assistance, rotate body in vertical position whilst holding a floatation aid.
Kick & Arm Action
With support, combine leg and arm movements.